Live-Aboard : 46ft Power Catamaran
TENGIRRI is a 14 metre (46 foot), live aboard, power catamaran designed and built in Australia in 2004 specifically for luxury surf charters.
TENGIRRI is one of the strongest, safest, and fastest vessels operating in Indonesia. From our base in Padang we will have you surfing the morning after you arrive in Padang. To maximise surf time we try to do most of our travelling at night...but if conditions do change during the day we are able to quickly relocate you to a different spot. As guides, our experience in the area is second to none, and using this experience we can virtually guarantee you waves every day. Even when you aren't surfing or fishing you will be relaxing in style and making the most of the boat's luxurious facilities.
- Enjoy extended periods of perfect Indo surf onboard a luxury, air-conditioned boat. •
- Top fishing and snorkelling!
- Fabulous food!
- Experienced skipper and crew will get you to the best, most uncrowded waves available under the given swell and weather conditions.
- To maximise surf time TENGIRRI aims to travel at night at a comfortable speed of 10 knots and have you on the waves on daylight. If the conditions change during the day we can travel at 15-17 knots to a better location.
- Surf anywhere you want in the Mentawais & Telos regions!!
- Small groups (maximum 8)! You only need 4 people and you can have the boat to yourselves!!
Skipper and Crew Details :
Tengirri is skippered by Queenslander Jeffrey Davis who has a Master Seaman qualification and a lifetime of experience on the water, as a kid on trawler boats with his father and more recently skippering his own trawlers in Queensland waters. He's one of the best and we're thankful to have such experience and skill aboard Tengirri.
Onboard Guide/Photographer is Phil Kiem who originates from Newcastle, Australia. Phil has been travelling throughout Indonesia for the last 10 years and speaks Indonesian fluently. Phil has excellent knowledge of when and where the surf will be pumping and will take care of all logistics once you arrive in Padang.
Along with our two Indonesian crew, Jeff and Phil will do their best to make sure you have an enjoyable holiday and get the waves of your life!!!
Official Specifications :
- Length OA : 14.1 Metres
- Length Hull : 13.0 Metres
- Beam : 5.00 Metres
- Depth : 1.58 Metres
- Draft : 0.66 Metres
- Fuel Capacity : 2 x 1730 Litres
- F/W Capacity : 2 x 420 Litres
- Lightship Weight : 13 Tonnes
- Construction : Aluminium Alloy
- Hull Type : Symmetrical Hard Chine
- Main Engines : Cummins C-430 8.3Litre 430Hp @ 2600 rpm
- Transmissions : ZF 302IV Ratio 2.184:1
- Propellers : MIKADO 4 Blade Skewed
- Max Speed : 22 Knots
- Cruise Speed : 17 Knots (day); 10 Knots (night)
- Genset : Perkins 20KVA
- 2nd generator - Kolher 8.5 KVA backup genset
Electronic, Navigation & Communication Equipment :
- GPS Chart Plotter : FURUNO Navnet GD1900C
- Radar : FURUNO Navnet GD1900C 36nm
- Heading Sensor : FURUNO PG-500
- Sounder : FURUNO ETR6/10N
- Autopilot : FURUNO NAVPilot 500
- Compass : Riviera
- VHF Radio : Icom IC-M402S
- AM/FM/VHF Receiver : GME GR-100
- Satellite Phones : 1 Pasti Sat phone, 1 Thuraya Sat phone (capable of sending text messages)
- Steering : Hydrive Power Assisted
- Controls : Morse
- Desalinator : Spectra Catalina 300
- Anchor Winch : MUIR HR1200
Safety equipment :
- Liferaft : 2 x ZODIAC 6 Pax
- Polycraft 4.5meter dinghy with Yamaha 40hp
- Polycraft 3meter dinghy with Yamaha 15hp
- EPIRB : GME MT400
- Lifebuoys : 2
- Lifejackets : 12
Entertainment and other Equipment :
- Stereo amplified CD and cassette tape player, external and internal speakers
- Colour TV and stereo DVD/video player
- Extensive range of CD albums and videos
- Chess, cards, scrabble, dominos, and a variety of popular board games
- Large library with latest novels, educational reading and magazines
- Fully equipped and serviced bar