Tengirri : Pricing & Inclusions
Charter Rates and Schedule
We operate a secure online reservation system for trip deposits. Trip deposits can be made via wire transfer, check, direct deposit, credit card online via our website, or credit card offline.
By default, 8 spaces are bookable on the Tengirri. By clicking the link below you will be asked to process a US $400 deposit with an additional $22.50 service charge, $422.50 total. To secure the booking the Tengirri will ask for an additional US $400 within 7 days of the original deposit, an $800 deposit total per person. You will receive confirmation between 1 - 48 hours after making your online reservation.
Tengirri 2017 Sailings:
- March 9th - March 21st 5 spots US $3,880.00pp
- May 19th - May 27th 5 spots US $2,395.00pp
- August 12th - August 24th 8 spots/Full Boat available US $3,880.00pp
- August 26th - September 7th 8 spots/Full Boat available US $3,880.00pp
- September 9th - September 21st 8 spots/Full Boat available US $3,880.00pp
- September 23rd - October 5th 6 spots US $3,880.00pp
- October 7th - October 19th 5 spots US $3,880.00pp
- November 4th - November 16th 8 spots/Full Boat available US $3,880.00pp
- November 18th - November 30th 6 spots US $3,880.00pp
- December 2nd - December 14th 8 spots/Full Boat available US $3,880.00pp
TENGIRRI CHARTER INCLUSIONS:
• You might arrive in Padang by 1pm on arrival date (start day of trip). Met on arrival at Padang airport and then, depending on flight arrival time, either taken directly to the harbour to board TENGIRRI or to a transit hotel to relax until TENGIRRI is ready to depart. Note that costs incurred at the transit hotel are not included in package price. Departure time is generally late-afternoon and you will be in the surf during the morning on the day after you arrive in Padang.
• 12 nights spent in air-conditioned accommodation onboard TENGIRRI travelling and surfing some of the various islands in the Mentawais & Telos regions.
• After the 11th FULL day on TENGIRRI we will head back to Padang during the night, arriving in time to catch your flight home on the last day.
• All meals, snacks, water, soft drinks, coffee and tea is included in the price (beer and other alcohol is available at local prices).
• Also included is the use of all equipment and facilities onboard TENGIRRI including dinghy to get you in and out of the line up or to shoot photos from, fishing and snorkelling equipment, DVD player with a huge selection of movies, CD player, magazines, books, ding repair equipment and much more.
• Another inclusion is the onboard photo/video service. The Tengirri has a high quality still shots from dinghy, boat and land using Canon 60D with Canon 100mm-400mm lens and Canon 70mm-200mm lens, water shots using Canon 7D with Canon fisheye lens and Canon 50mm lens, edited video of each guests surfing. Filmed with Sony HD handycam to capture all those epic waves, trophy fish, smiles, and good times. Your guide will shoot the photos then you can watch the slideshow that night. They also have a High Definition digital video camera on board. At the end of the trip your photos and a short movie will be burnt onto DVD – the ultimate trip souvenir.
• $AUD25 per guest contribution to Surf Aid International (non-profit organization working to improve the health of people living on the Sumatran islands) is also included in the package price.
• Phone calls can be made from the boat at a cost of $US4/minute (incoming calls are free). Email and internet service.
• This package also includes the expert knowledge of an experienced Australian skipper and also an experienced Australian guide.
TENGIRRI CHARTERS EXCLUDE:
• Airline tickets
• Mentawai Surfer Tax = 1m rupiah
• Fuel Surcharge (if applicable)
• Other Indonesian Taxes which may be levied
• Travel Insurance (compulsory for all guests, including medivac coverage and coverage for lost charter days)
• Alcoholic Drinks other than Bintang.
• Tips for the crew
Note: Charter Price Excludes Mentawai Surfer Tax (2017 Amount to be advised)
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT TERMS:
1. $400.00 USD per person online deposit is required to hold the charter.
2. A 2nd deposit of $400.00 USD per person is due within 7 days from time of reservation and will be charged offline by our office.
3. A progress deposit of $1200.00 USD per person is due 5 months prior to sailing and will be charged offline by our office. This deposit will be due at time of booking for bookings made inside of 5 months.
4. Final Balance is due 3 months before sailing and will be charged offline by our office.
5. All payments are non-refundable.
USD trip cost and balances will be based on exchange rates at time of payment. To avoid exchange rate fluctuation prepayment in full at time of booking is recommended.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- MED-EVAC INSURANCE REQUIRED
- VALID PASSPORT WITH 6 MONTHS VALIDITY REMAINING ON IT FROM DATE OF ENTRY IN INDONESIA REQUIRED (INDONESIA GOVT. WILL NOT ADMIT ANYONE WITH EXPIRED PASSPORTS OR PASSPORTS EXPIRING IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS FROM YOUR ARRIVAL DATE.) -MALARIA PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Wavehunters Online Booking Center (This links to all the destinations)
BOOKING AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
We operate a secure online reservation system for trip deposits. Trip deposits can be made via wire transfer, check, credit card online via our website, or credit card offline.
• All online credit card deposits are subject to a one time $30 USD processing charge per person.
• All offline credit card deposits are subject to a 1.9% processing charge per person.
• All credit card final payments are subject to a 1.9% processing charge per person.
• All wire transfers for deposits or final balances are subject to a $10 bank handling charge per transaction. This charge will be waived for group bookings if you send one wire transfers for the entire group.
• Deposits or Final Payments made by check require no extra fee. All checks can be made out to Wavehunters Surf Travel
No personal checks can be accepted for tours departing within 30 days. For all tours departing within 30 days, we require credit cards, cashier's check, money order, direct deposit, or wire transfer.
Please include your booking # on the check and mail to:
Wavehunters Surf Travel.
701 Palomar Airport Road Suite 300
Carlsbad, CA 92011
WIRE TRANSFER OR DIRECT DEPOSIT
Please request details.
In some instances during the online booking process a specific trip's availability will have changed before a live update is possible. If the dates or trip you've chosen are no longer available we will do our best to find a suitable replacement date or send you a refund within a 48 hour period.
In other instances during the online booking process a specific trip may require a "minimum" number of participants to activate that specific trip package. In this case we will contact you with the details and information about the current status of that trip and do our best to consolidate other individuals and groups to ensure your desired trip proceeds as planned. This is most common in "surf charter" trips which require a certain number of people on the boat before sailing.
Wavehunters is a full service travel agency capable of handling all of our guest’s flight arrangements. Each destination typically requires a specific flight itinerary that needs to be confirmed by Wavehunters prior to departure. If you don’t have the time or inclination to deal with setting up your flight arrangements Wavehunters will be happy to coordinate them for you. Simply fill out the flight information section during the online booking process or send us an e-mail with your flight request. [firstname.lastname@example.org](email@example.com)
Travel Insurance is required on most Wavehunters trips. We have partnered with Allianz Global Assistance Click on the link to sign up online. For any island destinations or remote areas we recommend you have at least the Virtuoso Classic policy level provide adequate medical-evacuation coverage levels.
WAVEHUNTERS SURF TRAVEL
Want to speak to surfers and agents who have actually been there?
Wavehunters management has collectively visited virtually all of our international destinations and offers unprecedented firsthand knowledge of its trips, or email us individually for expert travel advice. Assistance also available in Spanish or Portuguese.
Wavehunters are experienced surf travel agents on call 7 days a week, coordinating travel logistics, flights, and other details to ensure our clients have the smoothest experience with nothing left to chance. This is an around-the-clock job for us and we remain on call dedicated to meet our clients’ needs all over the world at any given time, from the most routine to the most urgent. Wavehunters’ operators are the most experienced and professional in the industry, and they are super keen and ready at each location to get you into some perfect waves, with your safety and comfort our highest priority.
Wavehunters Surf Travel. Inc
701 Palomar Airport Road, Suite 300
Carlsbad, Ca 92011