Telo Island Lodge : Pricing & Inclusions
*Please submit a Trip Inquiry Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for tour availability and pricing.
TELO ISLAND TRIP INCLUSIONS:
• Meet and greet in Medan (includes porters).
• Return transfers out to Telo Island.
• Accommodation in an Air-conditioned guest room w/ 2 x Cali King beds and ensuite bathroom
• All surf transfers are included in your package and will be carried out in the comfort of our super-fast speedboats.
• Alcoholic beverages are available at our fully serviced bar.
• Access and uninterrupted views to the only resort- front break in the region. They’ll even run you out the back and pick you up!
• Three meals per day prepared by our chefs; should you have special dietary requirements please let us know in advance and we are more than happy to cater specifically for them.
• Use of all equipment and facilities at Telo Island Lodge, including fishing and snorkeling equipment, ping-pong, DVD with a huge selection of movies, CDplayer, SatTV, magazines, books, laundry service and much more.
• Unlimited drinking water.
• Complimentary hospitality offerings include fresh fruit such as bananas, watermelon, mandarins, apples or papaya, as well as tea, coffee, fruit juice and water. Attentive staff will attend to your needs at a moment’s notice.
• They offer a complimentary surfboard repair service but ask you do tip the staff member who has carried out the repair.
• Also included in this package is the expert knowledge of your Australian guides who have been living and surfing in this part of Indonesia for almost 20 years!
An Authentically Unique Culinary Experience
- Breakfast is served in the Main House dining area from 7.00am to 8.00am and it includes everything from fresh fruit and various grains, to smoothies and traditional Indonesian breakfast options.
- The recipes at Telo Lodge have been tailored to provide an authentic Indonesian culinary experience, while the chosen ingredients emphasize fresh, healthy, superfood/ performance enhancing nourishment to maintain peak energy levels during the adventure.
- SUNSET BAR SNACKS
- A casual affair served after guests return from the morning surf session. Feel free to take lunch in the Main House or enjoy it outside on a deck chair. Lunch options will include hearty, nourishing, fresh proteins with abundant sides.
- Perfect food for recharging for the afternoon surf session!
- We have built a tradition across the years of serving fresh seafood snacks around sunset drinks time, or when guests return from the last surf session. These vary from sashimi through to king prawns or calamari all fresh from the local fishermen. Nothing tastes better than a snack and a cold beer aftera day surfing. The perfect entrée for the main cuisine event of the day, yep, you guessed it
- A sit-down affair and highlight of the day. Dinners will surprise and delight your taste buds and take you on an adventure through the regional influences of our chef and his team.
Transfers and Itinerary
When you’ve arrived in Medan and cleared immigration you’ll be approached by the porter and asked if you are a guest of Telo Island Lodge. Our porters will assist in collecting your bags and exiting customs, and will carry your luggage out to meet ourground agent as you exit the airport. Our agent, Boraspati Express Tours, will be waiting for you with a clearly marked uniform & “Telo Island Lodge” signage. The porters are pre-paid by Telo Island Lodge and there is no need to pay for this service.
From here, our agent will transfer you and your luggage over to the domestic terminal (or to your hotel if you are staying overnight) where you will check in for the Susi Air flight to PulauTelo (estimated time of departure 12.00pm). Should you be arriving a day early and require accommodation in Medan, our agent will pick you up from the airport on arrival and transfer you to your hotel. They will then arrange a time to pick you up again the following morning to transfer you to domestic terminal in time for the 12.00pm departure to PulauTelo.
The flight to Palau Telo takes just over an hour and a half. You will be met at PulauTelo airport by management of Telo Island Lodge and a quick speedboat transfer to Telo Island Lodge (10 minutes) will have you in the surfby around 3:00pm. The first order of business however –as you gaze around slackjawedat your home for the next ten days –is a briefing on surf safety and basic procedures.
On the final day of your package you’ll check out of The Lodge at 12:00pm. The speed-boat transfer to Palau Telo airport will have you checking in for your flight back to Medan soon thereafter. Our agent will meet you on arrival in Medan and assist with transferring youto either your departing flight (we recommend you do not book an onward flight from Medan earlier than 7.00pm.) or to your hotelfor the night. If overnighting, our agent will arrange a time to pick you up from the hotel the following morning and transfer you to the airport for your departing flight.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT TERMS:
• Deposit required to confirm your booking is US$500 PER PERSON A 2nd Deposit totaling 50% of the reservation is due 7 days after the initial deposit to guarantee the booking. Deposit are non-refundable.
• The final balance is due 60 days before the trip starts and is non-refundable.
• Travel insurance with inclusion for Medivac is mandatory; details of Policy- Insurance Company and contact details to be forward to Addiction Surfing 30 days before departure.
• A current passport with 6 months validity from date of entry to Indonesia with at least 2 full blank pages is required.
• Final payment is due within 60 days of travel (2 months) and is non-refundable.
• Bookings made inside of 60 days require full payment within 7 days of confirmation
Frequently Asked Questions
What documents do I need to take?
- A passport with at least six months of validity remaining, including a valid visa (most passport holders can apply for a visa on arrival at $35USD) and one other form of identification
- 2 x COLOR photocopies of your passport (photo page)
- Airline tickets
- Travel insurance information, itinerary and other travel documents
- In case you misplace any vital documents you should also carry a back-up photocopy of your passport, I.D, and airline ticket with you at all times. It doesn’t hurt to leave another copy at home as well
Do I need travel insurance?
Yes - ALL guests must have full comprehensive travel and medical insurance and should include at least a MedEvac option, and compensation for lost charter days due to unforeseen circumstances or emergencies.
How much cash will I need to bring, and in what currency?
You will only need a small amount of cash during your stay including:
- $35USD cash to purchase an Indonesian tourist visa on arrival
- Indonesian rupiah for Airport Departure tax (200,000 rupiahs for international departures & 75,000 rupiahs for domestic departure).
- Indonesian rupiah or credit card for personal telephone calls, additional meals, snacks & drinks in transit or transit accommodation.
- Visa or MasterCard credit card to pay for any additional services at Pinnacles on Telo
Do I need to take Malaria medication?
It is a matter of personal choice whether to take anti-malarial medication.
Malaria is present in the region and we take the matter very seriously. Whether you choose to take a prophylaxis or not, we strongly urge all our guests to wear repellent at dawn and evenings.
All guest beds are netted, the lodges fully screened, and the grounds are fogged regularly. To date, we have had no reported cases of malaria at Telo Island Lodge and the best policy is to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes.
Are there any other health risks?
When traveling to any remote region in the world, most travelers will usually update their tetanus and hepatitis shots. Malaria is a reality in some parts of Indonesia. We suggest you consult your doctor for the right preventative treatment, which you may be required to start some weeks before you arrive. Should you be taking any prescription medication, please ensure you bring the necessary paperwork that goes with it in case of an emergency.
Do I need to bring my own laptop?
Telo Island Lodge provides a guest computer which is available in the main lounge. Should you need to work while you are away or don’t want to wait to use the computer, we strongly recommend you bring your own laptop or tablet.
Will I be able to check my emails?
Yes! If you have not brought your own laptop or smart phone, then you can access the lodge’s guest computer at anytime. There is wireless internet access available throughout Telo Island Lodge, which is charged out at a fee. Our staff will issue you with codes to use at your leisure.
How many boards should I bring?
We suggest limiting to a maximum of 2 boards per person. The normal board you ride at home is fine and perhaps a slightly larger semi-gun. Your Telo Island Lodge transfer flight has strict weight restrictions and airlines is only able to load 2 boards per person on this flight. Any excess luggage & boards will be left in Medan. Remember to bring 1 x extra leg ropes, 1 x cloth cover to protect your boards in the boats and 1 x block of tropical surf wax. Should have questions on which boards are best for our waves, please let us know and we can provide some recommendations, as well as equipment purchase options prior to your trip.
Can I bring my own alcohol?
Guests can bring alcohol at their own risk, but note due to our full liquor license the local government has informed us that if during a random inspection undocumented liquor is found on the premises we are subject to a minimum 5 million rupiah fine, which we will pass along to the guest. Bag inspections are also tightening at the new Medan airport for alcohol. Bring it at your own risk.
Can you give me an idea of how many other people I’ll be surfing with?
Our aim is to spend the majority of our trips surfing with just the people staying at the lodge (maximum 8 surfers). This is not always possible, but there are plenty of waves in this area and due to our extensive experience we know how to be in the right place at the right time. While it’s inevitable that we’ll come across other surfers from time to time, rest assured you will get plenty of waves.
Due to medical or personal reasons I follow a special diet. Can you accommodate this?
Yes, with prior notification (minimum four weeks) we can accommodate most dietary requests.