Approx. 1hr South of Papeete on Tahiti island. Between Vairao left (big pass) and Teava iti right (small pass), 5 minutes boat trip from each. Approx. 20minutes to Teahupoo.
Anakena Surf Camp is a Tahitian managed surf camp located on the waterfront inside the lagoon approximately 70km south of Papeete on "Tahiti Iti" (the smaller half of the main island of Tahiti). The camp is only 5 minutes by boat from Vairao lefthander (Big Passe) and Te Ava Iti righthander (Small Passe) for ultra-convenient access to the lineups! The surf tour includes 2 sessions per day by boat with experienced and highly respected Tahitian Captain and Surf guide Timothee (one of the original locals to surf Teahupoo). These waves are perfect reef passes which offer down the line surfing, with deep bowls and plenty of tubes on the right conditions. The reefs offer excellent surfing for mere mortals and working class surfers just looking for a fun surf trip with nothing to prove.
Wavehunters Tahiti Package Inclusions:
- Airport pick up and transfers to the surf camp (1 hour drive)
- Waterfront accommodation at Anakena Surf Camp
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (sodas and alcoholic drinks not included)
- Boat transfers to the spot (2 times a day) w/Experienced Tahitian Captain & Surf Guide
- One boat excursion during the week to Teahupoo. (Additional Teahupoo sessions available with an extra fuel charge).
- Fruits and water in the boat
The newly-remodeled house on the waterfront has 4-bedrooms including 1 Master bedroom w/private bathroom and 3 other bedrooms with common bathroom. Each bedroom has a full-sized bed. Amenities include: Hot showers, kitchen, ping pong and pool table, cable internet, and all the comforts of home. High speed WIFI will insure you remain connected with the world as much as necessary during your stay in Polynesian surfers' paradise.
- The kitchen serves a variety of cuisine based primarily upon fresh local products and fish with French and Tahitian influences. 3 square meals per day are provided as well as coffee/tea, juice, and drinking water.
- Breakfast: French baguette, butter and jam, eggs, coffee, hot chocolate or Tea, local fruits, and fruit juice.
- Lunch/Dinner: We try to eat local so a lot of fresh fish, poisson cru, coconut milk, sashimi, chao mein, barbecue.
- Drinks: Sodas:150 Xpf/can about $2.00 USD; Beers- Heineken / Hinano: 400 XPF/can about $5.00 USD
- House Amenities: 4 bedrooms: 1 Master bedroom w/private bathroom + 3 bedrooms with common bathroom, Hot showers, 2 covered decks, Kitchen & Dining area, Daily Maid service (with towel change every day, sheets on demand), Laundry available for 800 XPF/ load (approx. US$10.00), Cable Internet, Ping Pong & Pool table
- Boat: 20ft w/90hp 4stroke engine Coast guard certified w/full safety equipment: life jackets, fuse, first aid kit. Experienced Captain & Surf Guide "Timothee"
- Staff: Timothee (pictured above): Boat captain and guide. Gonzalo: Chef Manulani: Maid Hitiari: Caretaker Onsite manager
The camp is only 5 minutes by boat from Vairao lefthander (Big Passe) and Te Ava Iti righthander (Small Passe) for ultra-convenient access to the lineups! The surf tour includes 2 sessions per day by boat with experienced and highly respected Tahitian Captain and Surf guide Timothee (one of the original locals to surf Teahupoo). These waves are perfect reef passes which offer down the line surfing, with deep bowls and plenty of tubes on the right conditions.
For experts, we can offer trips to Teahupoo (one included per week and $30 gas surcharge for each additional trip).
For beginners, we can offer at least 2 spots: Teava ino, is a false pass just before Teahupoo from the camp which is perfect for beginners when it is small. There is a wave here which breaks in the middle of the pass with deep water and works at 3 feet or under. The Teahupoo rivermouth is another good beginners option which works when Teahupoo is around 8feet or bigger.
- Kayak: free (2 kayaks available) Fishing trip: usually from 8 am to 3 pm. Approx. $125USD/day/per person SUP (for lagoon only): - Approx. $60 or $90/day 5000 xpf/ day or 7500xpf/day
- Kite surfing: Bring own equipment. Ideal conditions around the lagoon with dominant trade winds. Taxi to Papeete: Approx. $125.00 each way.