Nicaragua Tour Pricing and Availability
Popoyo Surf Lodge, Nicaragua
Resort Rates and Schedule
We operate a secure online reservation system for trip deposits. Trip deposits can be made via wire transfer, check, direct deposit, credit card online via our website, or credit card offline.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Select your trip dates using the calendar on the left side of this page. Trips that are still available will highlight the first day of the trip in green. If a trip is already booked it will not be displayed in the calendar.
2. Specify number of surfers.
3. You will be prompted to enter your name, DOB, passport details (if available) and nearest airport if requiring flight assistance.
4. View the trip pricing information for your accommodation category, and guest type.
5. Scroll down to complete the booking process. You’ll be prompted to enter your contact information and credit card details through our secure portal.
6. An initial deposit will be charged to hold your reservation.
7. Final balance is due 60 days prior to departure, or within 7 days of initial booking for bookings made inside 60 days of departure.
If you have a custom request or prefer to make a reservation offline please contact us directly. Please inquire for air-inclusive resort and airfare pricing directly with Wavehunters Surf Travel. (All prices in USD)
POPOYO SURF LODGE BOOKING CALENDAR:
All of our Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo trips are based on a 7 night, Saturday to Saturday, schedule and is open year round. Shorter or longer trips may be available by special request. A $500 deposit per person is charged at the time of booking and the remaining charges will be included on a confirmation invoice. You will receive confirmation between 1 - 48 hours after making your online reservation.
SCHEDULE AND RATES
• 5 deluxe casitas
• 3 basic cabinas: (1) Double Casita (w/2 double beds) (2) Triple Casitas (w/3 double beds)
• 2 Quad Casitas (w/4 double beds)
• 3 Cabinas (1pp each w/ twin bed)
Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo 7 night Surfer Package with Private Cabina Accommodation:
1 surfer: $1,395.00
Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo 7 night Surfer Package with Private Casita Accommodation:
1 surfer: $2,195.00
2 surfers: $1,295.00
3 or 4 surfers: $1,195.00
Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo 7 night Surfer Package with Shared Casita Accommodation:
1 surfer: $1,195.00
All stays under 7 nights upon request subject to availability. Minimum stay is 3 nights. Airport transfers are not included in the nightly rates. Airport Transfers are $150.00 each way (for any offschedule transfers on days other than Saturday). All other inclusions same as 7 night packages.
• 1 surfer (w/private cabina accommodation): $199.00/night
• 1 surfer (w/private casita accommodation: $295.00/night
• 1 surfer (w/shared casita accommodation): $170.00/night per person
• 2 surfers (w/private double casita accommodation): $185.00/night per person
• 3 or 4 surfers (w/private casita accommodation): $170.00/night per person
7 NIGHT PACKAGE INCLUSIONS:
• Airport greeting and roundtrip transfers to Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo (On 7 night Sat-Sat packages only. Billed separately to Nightly rate on stays less than 7 nights or off schedule.)
• Accommodation in a Casita or Cabina.
• Casitas: Poolside, modern construction, full AC, TV w/Satellite, designer bathroom w/hot water, sitting area w/furniture.
• Cabinas: Renovated original Popoyo Surf Lodge accommodations including AC, single bed and private bathroom w/hot water.
• 3 meals per day
• Purified water and 2 sodas per day
• Unlimited guided surf tours (Access to breaks is by 4x4 or Boat at surf guides' discretion)
• 4x4s: Toyota LandCruisers and Toyota Hilux trucks
• Boats: 26ft Superpangas w/center console, roof, lunch & optional fishing
• Surfing lessons may be Substituted for Surf Tours for Casita Guests only. $50/day/per person upcharge applies for Cabina Guests.
• Adventure & Outreach Tours may be Substituted for Surf Tours for Casita Guests only. $50/day/per person upcharge applies for Cabina Guests. Minimum 2 persons for Adventure Tours.
• Use of all Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo facilities including swimming pool, lounge w/TV,VCR,DVD,CD Stereo,Surf Videos,Movie library, and surfboard storage area.
• All taxes
• Airport transfers schedule: To Popoyo: Approx. 7:00am, 10:00am, 1:00pm / From Popoyo: 3 dropoffs at airport mid-morning, midday and late afternoon
• Less than 7 night trips are possible.
• The package price does not include airfare. Wavehunters can arrange flights using its lowest contracted air rates with Taca and other major carriers from all US cities.
• The Camino Real Hotel Managua is located up the highway from the airport and a first or last night hotel is advised for customers arriving early or departing late
• Boat trips will operate only during safe sea and weather conditions, there are no refunds for unused boat trips due to weather conditions. 4x4 tours will be substituted
PSL SURF SCHOOL - SURFING LESSONS:
• Casita guests may substitute Surfing lessons for Surfing Tours.
• Cabina guests will pay an upcharge of $50.00 per person/per day.
Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo has been hosting hard core surf trips since 1999. However, the interest in learning to surf and in Nicaragua as a tourist destination have grown substantially in the last several years. At Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo the tools and knowledge are already in place to offer a world class surf school catering to beginning surfers and families of all ages.
Our surf school pairs surf students with one of our PSL surf guides/instructors who will be there to help guests learn to surf and guide them during surf sessions. There are beginner friendly waves in the area and we start guests off at easy surf breaks suitable for learning. As guest’s skills improve through out the week we can progress to more challenging waves if desired.
Wavehunters Nicaragua - Popoyo is one of the the most experienced and well known surf camps in Nicaragua. Why not learn to surf with the BEST and start your surfing skills of right!
ADVENTURE AND OUTREACH TOURS:
Entry fees and meals on Adventure and Outreach tours are not included. PSL provides transportation and guide only.
• Casita guests may substitute Adventure & Outreach Tours for Surfing Tours. Minimum 2 persons required.
• Cabina guests will pay an upcharge of $50.00 per person per tour. Minimum 2 persons required.
**Option #1:** Community outreach: Spend the day in rural Nicaragua giving out rice and beans to needy families and visiting their homes. Get off the beaten bath and see the beauty of Nicaragua. This is an excellent option for families who would like to experience some of the Nicaraguan culture while giving back to needy families.
**Option #2:** Trip to Colonial city of Granada and boat trip through the beautiful Island Chain of Las Isletas.
**Option #3:** Trip Volcano Mombacho. Enjoy zip lining through the coffee plantation of Las Flores and tour of Nicargua’s finest working coffee plantation.
**Option #4:** Trip to San Juan de Sur.
**Option #5:** Trip to the famous market in Masaya. Have lunch in beautiful Catarina over looking Laguna de Apoyo .
**Option #6:** Horseback riding on the beach.
**Option #7:** Beach day. Boogie boards for kids, picnic lunch. A great option for a relaxing day for the family.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT TERMS:
• A $500 per person non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days of booking confirmation.
• Final payment is due within 60 days of travel (2 months) and is non-refundable.
• Bookings made inside of 60 days require full payment within 7 days of confirmation
Wavehunters Online Booking Center (This links to all the destinations)
BOOKING AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
We operate a secure online reservation system for trip deposits. Trip deposits can be made via wire transfer, check, credit card online via our website, or credit card offline.
• All online credit card deposits are subject to a one time $30 USD processing charge per person.
• All offline credit card deposits are subject to a 1.9% processing charge per person.
• All credit card final payments are subject to a 1.9% processing charge per person.
• All wire transfers for deposits or final balances are subject to a $10 bank handling charge per transaction. This charge will be waived for group bookings if you send one wire transfers for the entire group.
• Deposits or Final Payments made by check require no extra fee. All checks can be made out to Wavehunters Surf Travel
No personal checks can be accepted for tours departing within 30 days. For all tours departing within 30 days, we require credit cards, cashier's check, money order, direct deposit, or wire transfer.
Please include your booking # on the check and mail to:
Wavehunters Surf Travel.
701 Palomar Airport Road Suite 300
Carlsbad, CA 92011
WIRE TRANSFER OR DIRECT DEPOSIT
Please include a $10 USD handling fee per transaction:
Wavehunters Account info:
Bank: California Bank and Trust
Bank Address: 2141 Palomar Airport Rd. Suite 125, Carlsbad, CA 92009
ABA Routing #- 122232109
SWIFT code: ZFNBUS55
Beneficiary Account name: Wavehunters Surf Travel, Inc.
Beneficiary Account# 21301-34161
Beneficiary Address: 701 Palomar Airport Road, Suite 300, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Please send email to email@example.com advising of the date and amount of your wire transfer or direct deposit, and include the branch location for any in-branch deposits, your name and booking # so we can verify deposit and apply funds correctly to your trip.
In some instances during the online booking process a specific trip's availability will have changed before a live update is possible. If the dates or trip you've chosen are no longer available we will do our best to find a suitable replacement date or send you a refund within a 48 hour period.
In other instances during the online booking process a specific trip may require a "minimum" number of participants to activate that specific trip package. In this case we will contact you with the details and information about the current status of that trip and do our best to consolidate other individuals and groups to ensure your desired trip proceeds as planned. This is most common in "surf charter" trips which require a certain number of people on the boat before sailing.
Wavehunters is a full service travel agency capable of handling all of our guest’s flight arrangements. Each destination typically requires a specific flight itinerary that needs to be confirmed by Wavehunters prior to departure. If you don’t have the time or inclination to deal with setting up your flight arrangements Wavehunters will be happy to coordinate them for you. Simply fill out the flight information section during the online booking process or send us an e-mail with your flight request. [firstname.lastname@example.org](email@example.com)
Travel Insurance is required on most Wavehunters trips. We have partnered with Allianz Global Assistance Click on the link to sign up online. For any island destinations or remote areas we recommend you have at least the Virtuoso Classic policy level provide adequate medical-evacuation coverage levels.
WAVEHUNTERS SURF TRAVEL
Want to speak to surfers and agents who have actually been there?
Wavehunters management has collectively visited virtually all of our international destinations and offers unprecedented firsthand knowledge of its trips, or email us individually for expert travel advice. Assistance also available in Spanish or Portuguese.
Wavehunters are experienced surf travel agents on call 7 days a week, coordinating travel logistics, flights, and other details to ensure our clients have the smoothest experience with nothing left to chance. This is an around-the-clock job for us and we remain on call dedicated to meet our clients’ needs all over the world at any given time, from the most routine to the most urgent. Wavehunters’ operators are the most experienced and professional in the industry, and they are super keen and ready at each location to get you into some perfect waves, with your safety and comfort our highest priority.
Wavehunters Surf Travel. Inc
701 Palomar Airport Road, Suite 300
Carlsbad, Ca 92011