Handhu Fahli : 78ft Power Cruiser
Surf the incredible Gaafu Dhaal atoll
Gaafu Dhaal atoll is blessed with surf-infested reef passes. The optimum surf condition window is small, with the very best conditions historically occurring from March-April each year before the winds swing. The Handhu Fahli crew has vast experience in this atoll.
Key Features :
Handhu Falhi is 78 ft, maximum of 10 passengers, air-conditioned cabins and saloon area, good outdoor shade with board racks and upper sundeck. Very comfortable and a favourite of many World Surfaris clients.
The Maldives is an aquatic paradise and Handhu Fahli will show you the marvels of the Maldives.
Gaafu Dhaal atoll hosts a multitude of fantastic waves with reef pass after reef pass of lefts and rights that vary in characteristics and intensity. Your surf guide will find you the best waves at all times and you will be totally surfed out after 12 days in this wave-rich region
About Handhu Fahli - Outer Atolls
Note: YOU CANNOT TRAVEL WITH SURFBOARD BAGS OVER 8 FT IN LENGTH' ON THIS TOUR AS THE DOMESTIC FLIGHTS CANNOT ACCOMMODATE THEM.
You will arrive in Male and connect with a flight way down south, where you will be met by your boat. The following morning depart from your airport anchorage and within a three hour cruise you will be surfing world-class reef breaks.
This atoll hosts at least a dozen documented waves. The costs involved are slightly higher than the more mainstream charters, however the experience of pioneering this new territory in total solitude is hard to put a price on.
Historic data shows that there are really only two PEAK SURF MONTHS in this region, MARCH and APRIL. We would love to sell more trips to this remote region however we would be doing you a disservice by sending you any time out of the PEAK surf period.
Handhu Fahli was launched in 2005. She is the sister boat of Handhu and almost identical in layout, with five air-conditioned and fan-cooled twin cabins with ensuite bathrooms and upper air-condtioned saloon/lounge with TV, DVD and stereo. Outdoor shade areas provide a great place to chill between surfs and the aft deck is a great fishing platform.
Food is a mix of local and western dishes, with plenty of it to refuel you after surfing up to eight hours per day.
The Male atolls host over a dozen quality breaks and Handhu Fahli charters will give you an opportunity to sample these.
Handhu Fahli Specs:
Size: Length 78 ft / width 22 ft
Cruising: speed 10 knots
Guest cabins: 5 cabins (10 pax) with attached toilet and shower with hot and cold water
Crew: 1 captain, 1 chef, 2 crew, 1 surf guide
Equipment : 1 x 225 hp Cummins engine, 1 x fibreglass dinghy with 15 hp outboard engine, 1 x desalination plant (4800 litres per day), 2 x soundproof marine generators (22.5 kW and 17.5 kW), 5 x air-conditioned cabins and restaurant, expresso coffee machine, snorkelling and fishing gear, TV, VCD/DVD player, video cassette player, hi-fi system, washing machine.
Navigation and communication: CB radio, mobile phone, GPS, searchlight, binoculars, plotting toolkits, compass and charts.
Non-surfing activities: Night fishing, snorkelling, barbecue on desert islands, island- hopping visits to resort islands, visits to uninhabited islands and local fishing villages.
The outer atolls of the Maldives are a paradise few tourists will ever see. Surf adventurers are most fortunate to experience this incredibly beautiful region.
Charters are 13 nights duration and our VERY experienced surf guides will ensure you acheive maximum surf time. Maldivian surfer Martey has been the surf guide on Handhu Fahli for the past four years. He is one of the Maldives top surfers and wants to surf the best uncrowded waves as much as you do.
Handhu, the Handhu Fahli's sister boat, will also visit this region during her multi-atoll charters. The guides on both boats will keep in touch with each other constantly to ensure they are different surfing breaks (many breaks work simultaneously) at any one time.
Handhu Fahli example itinerary as follows:
Day 1: Arrive Male and connect with flight to Gaafu Dhaal.
Days 1-13: 12 nights onboard Handhu Fahli with expert guides.
Day 13: Fly back to spend the afternoon in Male before departing on evening flight.
This is a totally unspoilt region that promises UNCROWDED consistent surf during these months.
Detailed surf report below
Optimum surf conditions for the outer atolls;
Swell: Sth or SE and even SW for Westside breaks
Wind: NW is best
How to Book:
1. THERE ARE FOUR WAYS TO MAKE A RESERVATION
A. BOOK ONLINE: Click the "BOOK ONLINE" button on the right side or bottom fo your desired destination/option and follow the instructions to make a deposit using our secure online reservation system.
B. SUBMIT A TRIP INQUIRY: Fill out the "Trip Inquiry" form on the right side of the page or under the "Booking Info" section on the top menu. Wavehunters will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
C. SEND US AN E-MAIL: Send your questions and trip inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
D. GIVE US A CALL: We are located in Carlsbad, California, USA. 760-494-7391
2. CONFIRM DATES AND MAKE DEPOSIT: Before you book online please double check that the trip you want and the dates you need match up. If you make a reservation online you will pay the deposit by credit card. We can also process credit cards offline, take checks made out to "Wavehunters Surf Travel", and we accept wire transfers, cashier's checks, money orders, or direct deposits.
3. SEND US YOUR INFORMATION: During the booking process we strive to make everything as simple and easy as possible. When you're ready to make your reservation please have your passport ready as we will need the number, expiration date, and country of issue. We will also need your flight itinerary (if we do not help set it up) as well as a few destination specific questions. If you are travleing with a group please specify the number of people in your group and their names.
4. MAKE FLIGHT RESERVATIONS (AS NEEDED): Wavehunters is a full service travel agency capable of handling all of our guest’s flight arrangements. Each destination typically requires a specific flight itinerary that needs to be confirmed by Wavehunters prior to departure. If you don’t have the time or inclination to deal with setting up your flight arrangements Wavehunters will be happy to coordinate them for you.
5. MAKE FINAL PAYMENT: You final payment is due two to four months prior to your trip's departure depending on which trip you are on. Once that's in along with the requested information you're all set to go!
6. SHOW UP: Rule #1 is to remember to not miss your flight and remember to have a passport with at least 6 months left before the expiration date.
7. SURF: Once you're at your destination the only thing you should have to to worry about is what board you should ride and where to surf. Have fun!